Workers Compensation Lawyer Charlottesville, VA
Workers Compensation Benefits Provide a Much Needed Safety Net to Individuals Living in or Near Charlottesville Who Were Hurt On the Job
Some jobs are inherently dangerous. If you’re a health care worker for the University of Virginia Health System or Martha Jefferson Hospital, your job may expose you to biological waste or sharp surgical instruments. If you work for a Charlottesville construction company you may have to use welding tools.
Other jobs seem less dangerous at first but are still full of risks. An administrative assistant for the State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance or the County of Albemarle may hurt her shoulder while lifting files. And a stocker at Wal Mart may slip on a wet floor and break her leg.
No matter your job, you work hard to provide for yourself and your family. And when you’re injured on the job, it’s fair to expect your employer and its insurance company to do the right thing.
But often they don’t. And when that happens Charlottesville workers compensation lawyer Corey Pollard can help you and your family recover. Call 804-251-1620 for your no-obligation, free consultation.
Workers Comp Attorney in Charlottesville – Protecting Your Legal Rights
No matter how danger your job is or how severe your work accident was, you cannot sue your employer after an on the job injury except in rare circumstances. But you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits. Injured workers in Charlottesville may be eligible for:
- Payment of medical bills related to the work injury, including hospital visits, doctors’ appointments, and therapy
- Weekly wage replacement payments when you’re unable to work or have returned to light duty and are making less money
- Lump sum compensation for permanent disability
- Vocational training if you’re unable to do your past work
- A workers compensation settlement that resolves your case in full
Unfortunately some employers and insurers make it difficult to receive these benefits. They’ll deny your claim, delay making a decision on the claim or accepting responsibility, or suspend benefits after you’ve been approved. You should contact a workers compensation lawyer in Charlottesville if:
- You filed a claim several weeks ago but haven’t received a decision.
- Your claim has been denied by the insurance company.
- You are receiving wage loss benefits but disagree with the amount.
- You continue to receive bills from your medical providers.
- Specific medical treatment that will help you recover is being denied.
- Your benefits were suspended before your doctor released you to return to work.
If you’re having trouble getting workers’ compensation benefits or negotiating a settlement, contact Charlottesville workers comp attorney Corey Pollard. We offer a free consultation to all injured workers in Albemarle County. Call 804-251-1620 to schedule yours.
No Upfront Attorney Fees or Costs when You Hire Us as Your Charlottesville Workers Compensation Lawyer
Money is tight after a work accident. Medical bills are piling up and you don’t know if or when you can go back to the job.
We understand that you don’t have the money to hire an attorney. That’s why we represent Charlottesville workers on a contingency basis. There is no fee until we win your case.
Corey Pollard Represents All Workers in Charlottesville and Albemarle County
Charlottesville workers compensation attorney Corey Pollard represents injured employees in the following areas: Scottsville; Crozet; Esmont; Free Union; Hollymead; Ivy; Pantops; Piney Mountain; Rivanna; and, all current and former employees of the University of Virginia and surrounding educational institutions.
If you’re unable to return to any type of work after your job injury, our Charlottesville Social Security Disability lawyer can help you pursue all government disability benefits you may also be entitled to.