Top Harrisonburg, VA Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Helping Injured Employees Throughout Rockingham County, VA
Previously known as “Rocktown,” Harrisonburg, Virginia is an independent city in the Shenandoah Valley that is the county seat of Rockingham County. Home to James Madison University (JMU), Eastern Mennonite University (EMU), and more than 50,000 residents, Harrisonburg has won multiple awards, including #6 Favorite Town in America by Travel + Leisure Magazine in 2016 and the #3 Happiest Mountain Town by Blue Ridge Country Magazine in 2016.
Harrisonburg, VA has lots to see and do. Popular attractions include: Harrionsburg Farmers’ Market; Edith J. Carrier Arboretum and Botanical Gardens; Spitzer Art Center; Larry W. Shifflett Fire Museum; and, Court Square Theater.
Despite its great features, Harrisonburg VA is also home to work accidents and injuries. This article explains your legal rights if you are hurt in a workplace accident while living or working in Harrisonburg. Please keep reading to learn more. Then contact Harrisonburg workers’ compensation lawyer Corey Pollard for a free consultation. We are here to help you and your family during this difficult time.
Who Are the Major Employers in Harrisonburg, VA?
The largest employers in the Harrisonburg Metro Area include:
- ComSonics, Inc. (Telecommunications equipment)
- Georges, Inc. (Poultry processing)
- Graham Packaging Co. (Plastic bottles)
- Merck & Company (Pharmaceuticals)
- MillerCoors Shenandoah Brewery (Malt beverages)
- Perdue Farms, Inc. (Poultry processing)
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (Poultry processing)
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. (Book printing)
- Tenneco Automotive Inc. (Motor vehicle parts)
- Valley Blox, Inc. (Concrete products)
- James Madison University
- Sentara Rockingham Memorial Hospital
- Rosetta Stone
As a top Harrisonburg workers’ compensation attorney, we represent injured employees in all industries in Rockingham County, VA.
Get Help with a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Harrisonburg, VA and Rockingham County, VA
If you suffer an injury at work, you may have to deal with expensive medical bills and may be unable to return to your job for days, weeks, months, or maybe ever. Though no one wants to think about the lifelong impact that a workplace injury can have, it is in your best interests to seek medical treatment and to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney in Harrisonburg, VA. Corey Pollard has helped many employees throughout Virginia, including those in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, obtain the benefits and settlements they deserve. We know the tactics that insurance companies use and we are prepared to fight back on your behalf so that you can rebuild your life.
Harrisonburg, VA Employers Must Have Workers’ Compensation Coverage for Injured Workers
Most private employers in the Commonwealth of Virginia are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage. You can pursue benefits under the Workers’ Compensation Act if:
- Your employer is a private employer who has three or more employees, either full-time or part-time
- Your employer is the sub-contractor of a general contractor that carriers workers’ compensation insurance coverage
- Your employer is a state or local government
If you have any questions about your eligibility for workers’ compensation in Virginia, contact Harrisonburg workers’ comp lawyer Corey Pollard for a free consultation.
What if My Harrisonburg Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?
If you have filed an insurance claim before, then you know that insurance carriers do not like making payments, though they love collecting premiums. Many workers’ compensation claims are denied initially and require litigation. If the insurance company is denying or disputing any aspect of your claim, or is threatening to cut off benefits, Harrisonburg workers’ compensation attorney Corey Pollard can help you fight back. We have handled countless claims at the workers’ compensation hearing level and know how to present your case to the deputy commissioner to give you the best chance of success.
Act quickly though. It takes time to develop the evidence and to build a case. Contact a skilled Rockingham County work comp lawyer before your hearing is scheduled so that there is enough time to prepare.
Who We Are: A Harrisonburg, VA Workers’ Compensation Lawyer You Can Trust
You are not alone after your work accident. Harrisonburg workers’ comp attorney Corey Pollard can help. Call, text, or email us today if you were hurt while employed in Rockingham County, VA. We’ll help you get back on your feet. And there is no fee unless we recover benefits on your behalf.
We have helped injured workers in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, VA obtain:
- Lifetime medical awards that cover all reasonable and necessary medical treatment related to the workplace injury
- Temporary total disability payments to cover time missed from work
- Temporary partial disability payments to cover wage loss due to light duty restrictions
- Permanent partial disability benefits to compensate for permanent impairment of the injured body part
- Vocational rehabilitation to help the injured employee get back to work in a job within the employee’s restrictions
- Negotiate lump sum workers’ compensation settlements that allow the injured worker and their family to move forward financially
Call or e-mail us now. We’re ready to help you.