Top Rated Newport News Car Accident Lawyer
An Experienced Auto Accident Attorney Helping Injury Victims in Newport News, VA
If you have been injured in a car accident in Newport News, you may be owed significant financial compensation for your damages and losses. With Newport News native Corey Pollard on your side, you and your family can focus on rebuilding your lives while we focus on getting you the best auto accident settlement possible. From investigating the cause of the accident to helping you receive medical treatment from some of the best doctors in Virginia to working with expert witnesses to develop a strong case supported by the evidence to negotiating with the insurance companies, we will take care of you. To learn more about how our Newport News personal injury attorney can help you following a car accident, call (757) 810-5614 or complete the form to your right for a free consultation.
What are Your Legal Options After a Car Crash in Newport News?
A serious car accident can change not only your life but also the lives of your loved ones. If you are hurt in an auto accident, you may miss significant time from work. In fact, you may not be able to return to your pre-injury work. This will make it difficult, if not impossible, to provide for your family while you try to recover your health. Corey Pollard can help you recover fair compensation for your financial losses from the car wreck.
To learn more about your options following a Newport News car accident, contact us for a free consultation. In addition to a personal injury claim, you may also be entitled to Virginia Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability, and Long Term Disability.
We work on a contingency fee basis, so you do not pay anything out of pocket until we’ve reached a settlement in your auto accident case or received a judgment.
Common Auto Accident Injuries in Newport News, VA
You may suffer for a number of injuries in your car accident, including:
- Back Injuries: Sprains, strains, fractures, disc herniations, lumbar radiculopathy, and lumbar spine injuries are common in Newport News car wrecks.
- Brain Injuries: Car accidents often cause concussions, post-concussion syndrome, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Dental Injuries: You may suffer damage to your jaw, nose, or teeth in an automobile crash.
- Head Injuries: In an auto accident you may suffer a bruise, cut, or scrape to your scalp and head.
- Leg, Knee, and Foot Injuries: You may suffer an ACL tear, broken foot, or ankle fracture in an auto accident.
- Neck Injuries and Whiplash: In an auto accident you may suffer sudden movement of your head, which can damage your muscles, connective tissues, and ligaments. You may even suffer an injury to your cervical spine.
- Psychological Injuries: After an accident you may suffer Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety.
- Shoulder and Arm Injuries: Rotator cuff injuries, ligament damage, fractures, sprains, and strains are common injuries suffered by Newport News car accident victims.
These are not the only injuries that can be caused by an auto accident, just some of the more common ones. In addition to compensation for these physical and psychological injuries, you may also be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and other intangible damages.
If you have suffered losses because of a motor vehicle accident, get help from an experienced Newport News car accident attorney to get a fair recovery.
Who Is At Fault for Your Losses in a Newport News Auto Accident?
You may have a personal injury claim against several different parties arising out of your car accident:
- Negligent Drivers: Often negligent and reckless drivers are responsible for car wrecks. There are many types of negligent driving that can cause a crash: speeding; running red lights; running stop signs; changing lanes without checking mirrors; failing to yield; driving drunk; and, driving distracted – to name a few. Any violation of the law is also negligent driving.
- Automobile Manufacturers: An automobile manufacturer or automotive parts manufacturer may be at fault for your wreck. These parties owe you a duty of care. If a defective tire, defective brake, defective accelerator, or any other auto part or design defect is responsible for your car accident injuries, you can sue the company.
- Agencies, Organizations, and Governments: In addition to drivers, various organizations or governments may be responsible for your car accident. City and state government agencies owe drivers a duty of care when it comes to designing or maintaining roads. If signage is incorrect or the road is in poor shape, you may have a claim against the government agency, road engineer, or contractor who built the road. Likewise, you may have a car accident claim against a ride share company if you are injured while getting a ride from one of the company’s contractors.
After an automobile collision, it is important to identify all the parties who are responsible for your accident and the resulting injuries. As your Newport News car accident attorney, we will investigate and develop the evidence so that we can find out who is liable for your losses. And if multiple parties are responsible, we will seek compensation from all of them.
What to Do Immediately After a Car Accident in Newport News
After your motor vehicle accident, it is important that you take the right steps to protect your legal rights. This includes:
- Seeking medical treatment right away. Make sure you report all of your injuries to the doctor, no matter how minor.
- Contacting the police so that they will conduct an investigation of the auto accident.
- Getting the other driver’s contact information and insurance information.
- Getting contact information for all witnesses.
- Taking pictures and video of the accident scene
- Contacting your insurance company and reporting the accident.
- Contacting Newport News auto accident attorney Corey Pollard
Hiring the right car accident lawyer in Newport News is important. The sooner you do so, the better to make sure you get all the compensation you deserve for your car wreck injuries.
Newport News Car Accident Lawyer to Help You in the Recovery Process
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash that was caused by another person or company, you deserve justice. The insurance company may try to intimidate you and pressure you into a low settlement offer, but you should not take it.
Newport News auto accident attorney Corey Pollard is here to fight for you and help you obtain fair compensation for your losses. So if you were injured while driving on Interstate 64, Interstate 664, Mercury Boulevard, Hampton Roads Beltway, U.S. Route 258, Virginia State Routes 164, 143, 32, 171, and 238, Warwick Boulevard, Jefferson Avenue, or any other road in Newport News, call us today for help.
You can reach us at 757-810-5614.