Richmond Labor and Employment Lawyer
Richmond Employment Lawyer Corey Pollard Represents Public and Private Employees Across Virginia in Labor and Employment Law Matters
Employees working in Virginia are protected by many state and federal labor and employment laws. Despite these laws, employers continue to try to take advantage of employees who depend on their jobs to provide food, shelter, and clothing for their family.
Richmond employment attorney and labor lawyer Corey Pollard represents employees in the public and private sector in the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as federal employees nationwide, who have been harmed by an employment law violation. We also represent executives, manages, and professionals involved in negotiating severance packages and other employment agreements, as well as those arbitrating and litigating breach of non-compete or confidentiality clauses in employment contracts.
If you are trying to protect your legal rights through an employment contract, or your rights have already been violated by your employer, Richmond employment lawyer Corey Pollard is here to help. Call us at (804) 251-1620 for a free consultation regarding your legal rights in the workplace.
Richmond, VA Labor and Employment Attorney Representing Employees
Labor and employment law covers a wide body of law that controls the interactions between employers, employees, labor unions, former employees, and applicants for employment. Labor and employment lawyer Corey Pollard has experience handling the following legal matters for employees, executives, managers, and professionals:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): We represent employees whose rights have been violated under the ADA.
- EEOC Claims: We represent employees who have filed or are planning to file charges against their employers with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Employee Benefits: We represent retirees seeking pension and retirement benefits under ERISA. We can also handle claims against fiduciaries alleging breach of fiduciary duty and failure to pay an owed benefit under a retirement, welfare, or pension plan.
- Employment Contracts: We review and negotiate employment contracts for employees, managers, professionals, and executives.
- Employment Discrimination and Harassment: We represent employees who have been discriminated against based on age, race, color, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, nature of origin, or disability.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): You may have a claim under the FMLA if your employer refuses to recognize your leave rights or refuses to reinstate your job.
- Labor Unions: We can represent labor unions in all aspects of labor-management relations and internal union affairs.
- NLRA Workers’ Rights: We represent employees who are disciplined or fired for participating in activities covered under the National Labor Relations Act.
- Non-Compete Litigation: We represent employees, executives, professionals, and managers in the negotiation and litigation of non-compete and confidentiality clauses.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: We represent women who have been fired, demoted, or otherwise penalized due to pregnancy.
- Retaliation: We represent employees who have been fired, disciplined, or discriminated against for making a complaint of discrimination or unlawful conduct or for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Severance Agreements: We review and negotiate severance agreements and packages for employees, executives, professionals, and managers.
- Wage and Hour Disputes: We can help you recover unpaid wages and overtime, including losses based on the misclassification of your employment.
- Whistleblower Claims: We represent whistleblowers in qui tam actions under various federal laws, including the False Claims Act.
- Workers’ Compensation: We represent employees who have been hurt on the job and help them obtain the workers’ compensation benefits and Virginia workers’ compensation settlements they’re owed.
- Wrongful Termination: We represent individuals who have been fired for discriminatory reasons, including age, sex, race, or in retaliation.
Why Choose Us as Your Labor Attorney and Employment Lawyer in Richmond, VA?
As your Virginia employment lawyer in Richmond:
- We litigate in Virginia and federal courts
- We provide top-notch personal service
- We only represent employees
- We only represent honest clients
- We negotiate and obtain settlements for employees and workers
- We handle legal matters on behalf of individual employees and will bring class actions if appropriate
Call a Labor and Employment Attorney in Richmond, VA
If you work in Virginia and are being treated unfairly or illegally at work, Corey Pollard may be able to help. Whether you are looking to negotiate an employment agreement, resolve an employment contract dispute, or recover damages for wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, discrimination, violation of your rights under wage and hour laws, illegal retaliation, or failure to accommodate your pregnancy, disability, or family medical illness, employment lawyer Corey Pollard can help.
We are located in Richmond but represent employees throughout Virginia. To contact us call 804-251-1620 or complete the online form to your right. Fee arrangements are flexible depending on the legal matter. All consultations are free.