Winchester Workplace Injury Lawyer & Workers Compensation Attorney in Frederick County, VA
No matter what your job or profession, you are always at risk of suffering a catastrophic personal injury or being killed on the job. Each year this happens to thousands of Virginia workers. Unfortunately many of them do not receive all the workers compensation benefits to which they or their loved ones are entitled.
When you get hurt in an on-the-job accident, your employer and its workers compensation insurance company may start looking after their best interests, not yours. While they do everything they can to save money and earn a profit, you’ll be the one who suffers financially, physically, and emotionally.
Winchester workers compensation attorney Corey Pollard is here to make sure that doesn’t happen to you. We’ve helped many injured employees just like you file claims for workers compensation in Virginia, present their case at a workers comp hearing, and negotiate a top-dollar workers compensation settlement.
So if you or a loved one suffered a work injury in Winchester, Frederick County, Middletown, Stephens City, or elsewhere in the Shenandoah Valley, call, text, or email us today. We’ll work with the insurance company to help you receive the compensation you deserve. And if that doesn’t work, we’ll fight for you at trial in Berryville, where the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission hears cases arising out of work accidents in Winchester. You have nothing to lose. Contact us today.
Types of Workplace Injuries Handled by Winchester Workers Comp Attorney Corey Pollard
Though some jobs are more dangerous than others, on-the-job injuries can happen to anyone. Construction workers, utility workers, grocery store employees, nurses, carpenters, electricians, and union members who perform physical labor are at risk for severe injuries. As are office workers, administrative assistants, Wal-Mart employees, and Target workers who often suffer back injuries and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Common workplace injuries and illnesses we see among hurt Winchester employees include:
- Amputation injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Heart disease
- Knee injuries
- Ligament damage
- Lung disease
- Shoulder injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tendon damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
Winchester workers compensation attorney Corey Pollard represents injured employees at all of Winchester’s job providers, including:
- American Woodmark Corporation
- Crown Cork & Seal Company
- Federal-Mogul Products
- General Electric Company
- Grafton School
- HP Hood LLC
- Kohl’s Department Stores
- Kraft Foods Global
- Melnor Inc.
- Midwesco Filter Resources
- O’Sullivan Films, Inc.
- Rubbermaid Commercial Products LLC
- Schenck Foods Company
- The Henkel-Harris Company
- Valley Health System
- Valley Regional Enterprises
- Winchester Medical Center
- World Wide Automotive
So if you were hurt at one of these employers or elsewhere in Frederick County, Winchester workers comp attorney Corey Pollard can help.
Workers Comp Benefits for Winchester Residents Hurt on the Job
The benefits you’re entitled to depend on many factors. Such factors include the severity of your injuries, the treatment needed to help you recover, and whether you will have permanent disability. Under Virginia workers compensation law you may receive some or all of the following benefits:
- Wage loss: You can receive temporary total disability or temporary partial disability benefits depending on your work status and whether you return to light duty work.
- Medical bills: Your employer must pay for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment related to your work injury.
- Compensation for permanent partial disability. Depending on the body part injured in the work accident, you may qualify for compensation for loss of or loss of use of the body part.
- Vocational rehab: If you’re unable to return to your pre-injury job then the employer and insurer must provide you with job coaching and retraining. Read our article on what happens when you meet with the vocational counselor for more information.
- Death benefits: If an injured employee suffers wrongful death or passes away because of the work injuries at a later date, his or her spouse and children are entitled to death benefits an funeral expenses.
Get Help from a Winchester Workers Compensation Attorney if Your Employer Denies Benefits
No matter how obvious it is that your injury is covered under the Virginia Workers Compensation Act or that you’re entitled to the benefits requested, there are employers and insurance companies who will do everything they can to prevent you from getting the benefits you deserve. If this happens to you, call Corey Pollard.
Remember, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim with the Workers Compensation Commission. This is known as the workers comp statute of limitations. The best way to protect yourself, and to develop your case, is by contacting one of the best attorneys in Virginia – Corey Pollard.
We are your advocate if you’re an injured worker in Winchester, VA. We’ll do everything we can to help you receive the benefits you need to provide for yourself and your family, including Social Security disability benefits if you’re unable to return to work.
A free consultation is just around the corner. So call or email today to speak to a Winchester workers comp attorney who wants to help you win.
Not sure if we can help you after a work accident in Winchester, VA? We handle Winchester workplace injuries caused by:
- Defective equipment (malfunctioning machinery, etc)
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and other hazardous materials
- Falling objects and items
- Falls from heights including ladders and scaffolds
- Fires and explosions
- Overexertion (heavy lifting, awkward squatting and bending)
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Workplace violence including coworker assaults
- And much more
Get one of the best Winchester workers compensation attorneys on your side today!